Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Supreme decisions and an english major's business experience

Today was a huge day for the Supreme Court. Striking down the DOMA and their ruling on Prop 8 are big steps for the gay rights movement. It’s really cool to read about the court’s decisions as people react to them when they come out.

Leads here this morning, as usual. I’m a lot better at them than when I first started. It’s nice to see improvement. I also turned down the brightness on my screen so my brain doesn’t melt.

In addition to my big project, Bullhorn, Amanda assigned me to write the “2 Minute Drill” on OnPoint’s business blog. As an English Lit major I haven’t had formal training in business so it’s really cool that I’m learning so much about it here. For the drill I can either summarize an article I found or write my own-a little different from previous blogging here, where I only summarized. For the first one I integrated a bunch of articles with my own take on them. I’m going to try to become comfortable enough to write my own at some point. I also wrote a one-sheet of ideas for our OnPoint Facebook page. It’s kind of funny to see how daunting social media is for businesses because I’ve just used it recreationally for so long. I now understand the intimidation though, it’s hard to promote on these websites because there are so many businesses trying to do it. Hopefully I came up with some ideas that will make OnPoint’s page a little more appealing.

Have a great day everyone!


Hanna Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment