Tuesday, June 18, 2013

day 7 of this so called Avenir

And I forgot to think of a new title for my blog posts this weekend; woops. Oh well, I guess this will most likely be my title from now on. EDIT: I posted this and then thought, why not look up "future" in a bunch of different languages and stick that in. Although I know the French one, so instead of looking up one today I'm just going to be lazy and do one I know. (Also, one of the best, most gramatically correct translators I've ever found is freetranslation.com . Compared to other sites it just gets stuff right, although there are better sites to use as a dictionary because this site only gives you one option for any single word you put in.)

On the broad spectrum of things going on right now: I hate the rain. I mean it's nice and all when everything grows all lusciously green, but all the pollen falls straight to the ground, covering everything and giving me super bad allergies. On the other hand, I'm really excited for this coming weekend because I'm having a friend from college visit! Of course, this week is going to be long because my classes start, so every Tuesday and Thursday from now on, I'll be working almost nonstop from 9am to 9pm. Fun stuff. And I'll have homework to do on the weekends because I have to do all the problems I assign my students to do before I present them or give them as homework; bleugh. Even worse, the homework will be SAT questions, and I didn't even study for the SATs when I took them.

As far as Esente work goes, everything is good. I think I have some pretty cool cd covers going, and I got some good feedback last week so I have a good direction to go in. This morning I did leads, and I actually got good lists. The first one I completed, almost every person had a website so I wasn't stuck searching too much. The second list I'm working on is almost as good as that one. And I didn't get kicked off the internet every five minutes. Again, though, some really ugly sites; they hurt yours eyes to look at because of all the clashing fonts and colors— one even had tie-dye filled bubble letters on a bright pink background stacked on top of another two completely different fonts, and all in the title. Talk about a garish first impression.

I also almost fell asleep this morning because I have this weird tea that both wakes you up and puts you to sleep; it has mate (a South American tea-type thing), chamomille, and coca leaves. So the chamomille puts you to sleep after the coca leaves wake you up, but it's the only thing that wakes me up because caffeine doesn't have any affect on me. I also don't like coffee, so there's that. Chai's good, though. Anyway, I'm awake now; I fought off the chamomille's effects. 

Here's to the week.

Carolina Rago
RIT Student
Graphics Intern


No comments:

Post a Comment