Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Accepted!

No not Accepted like the movie, although that is a funny movie. I am happy to say this weekend I found out that I was accepted into the University of Wisconsin Madison School of Journalism and Mass Communication.  I have been waiting to see if I got in pretty much since school ended and am excited to be accepted into the major that I wanted.  It is a competitive program and I worked hard to earn my spot in the class of 120 students. There are two sides either PR and Broadcasting and I'm not sure which track I want to choose.  Maybe one day you'll see my face on TV. Only 2 more months until I'm back in Madison and it can't come soon enough as I'm really missing all my friends. 

In other exciting news I was in New York this weekend and saw Annie on Broadway with Jane Lynch which was a surprise from my family. Annie is one of my favorite childhood movies and I love Glee so naturally I really enjoyed the performance.  If only I were as talented as the 7-12 year old girls that played the orphans on stage....a girl can dream. If you saw them on the Tony's they really were that good, if not better, in real life.

Today I got back to work from being out since last Tuesday.  I got right back into doing leads but time seemed to be passing slowly.  However, I'm sure the rest of the day will go by quickly after lunch. I have an assignment in my mailbox ready to be opened and started after lunch and it has to do with rewriting content for a website.  I think it will be cool to rewrite the information and later see my work up on the Internet. Again I really like these projects that give me real world experience because some day in the real world this could be my job.

Just got surprised by Ron as he asked to talk to me on the phone.  Being the 13 year old girl that I basically am, I do like Justin Bieber and I'm not afraid to admit it.  This is a fact that all my friends know about me.  He just told me to go to his desk and gave me a collecters Justin Bieber magazine.  Believe it or not, I will read it. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Never say never,
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment