Wednesday, June 26, 2013

RIP DOMA and 3D-ness

Leads this morning was a little slow for me. The search engines kept freezing up and my facebook and phone were blowing up about the news on overturning DOMA. Yay marriage! I got through it all though and found the will to keep working.

On Monday I started work on creating my 3D model. I was hoping to use Autodesk Maya but access to that is pretty difficult if you're broke so I went with the free Blender software. I haven't used Blender extensively, but the mechanics are all similar from what I hear. I just need to learn a few hotkeys and to tinker with the interface.
My goal is to finish modeling at the end of this week. So far I have the body mesh. I started on the head but decided to redo it. I was going for realistic but I think I'll go for "cartoony" instead. It'll be easier to manage in the end, plus if we have access to the real person there's no point in making the animation.

Here's a screenshot of work in progress -


Ingrid Parena
Graphics Intern 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment