Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The sun is behind the clouds

I can't believe it's June 12 already! I've been here for almost a month and have written blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, updated Pinterest accounts, edited a website, found hundreds of leads, and gone on a sales call as an "associate." I might drive an hour each way to be here but it is totally worth it.

Plus, we're about to start getting into our larger summer projects. I've been assigned to Bullhorn along with Kim, Rebecca, and a few others who have yet to be determined. Ron told Rebecca and me about it when we went to the sales call last week and talked to Kim and me briefly yesterday. It's a huge, important project and it will need a lot of people. I feel very lucky to have the opportunity to work on it.  Ron has talked pretty generally about what we need to do so far-there will be a lot of research and writing for the "front end" and the "back end" of the website (I'm learning more about websites, too!). We'll be doing a lot of blogging as well.

One of the things I like about being here is how the guidance works for interns. I don't have much experience in the job world and wouldn't yet feel comfortable taking a public relations job without any instruction on how it would work but I feel confident that I will after this summer. We have assignments that we need to get done but I still feel as though I'm accomplishing a lot more than a simple homework assignment at school. This is what an internship should be, a stepping stone to learn how to apply your knowledge and gain the tools to perform a job without having to be told how. I'm not sure what exactly we'll need to do for Bullhorn but I know that everyone here will give me a good starting point and then the independence to work on it on my own.

Until Monday! I hope everyone has an excellent weekend.

Hanna Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment