Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Photo Shoot Experience

Yesterday I was lucky enough to go on a photo shoot for an engineering company's website in Lawrence.  I do not have a lot of experience with photography although I do think it is really amazing when talented people can take beautiful pictures. I learned a lot about the equipment used to shoot headshots or groupshots.  It takes more equipment than you might think to create a plain white background to use for headshots.  I found it really interesting to also see how the people at the engineering company reacted to us taking their pictures.  Some of them were a little shy but eventually we convinced them to smile and I think the pictures turned out well.  This was a great experience for me because I have never really been exposed to photography at this level.  It is always nice to get to experience something outside of the office so I really enjoyed being able to have this opportunity.  It will come in handy when I am asked to take pictures with a fancy Nikon camera at my other job and I think I really learned a lot.

Today I am going to be writing some articles for The Buzz on Bullying.  I have just learned I am going to write on this blog 3 times a week.  It will be really great for me to be able to write something continuously throughout my time here at Esente because I will know that my words are being posted for the world to see.  I can't wait to get started on writing the articles after lunch!

I hope it doesn't rain all weekend even though it seems like it might.  Have a good weekend!
Rebecca Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment