Wednesday, June 19, 2013

day 8 of this so called Futuro

Spanish today. Again, I'm lazy and didn't feel like looking up  future in a language I didn't know.

Yesterday afternoon I worked some more on the cd covers and I got a few more good ones down. Although, knowing me, I'll probably continue tweaking them until the last possible moment. After work was interesting; I had my first event with Let's Get Ready: the student/parent orientation. They surprised all the coaches who showed up (meaning me and the four other people who could go) by asking us a ton of questions about college and the admissions process, but I got to talk to a group of girls in the program after the questions and they're a great group. Obviously all these kids want to be there because they're the ones who signed up, but these girls seemed actually interested in the whole process and college life— and not just all the new stuff you can try out without parental observation; they wanted to know what to do if they didn't like a professor, how roommates were assigned, and what to do if your meal plan ran out. I'm pretty pumped for tomorrow when I get to teach my first class, although doing the homework tonight won't be so fun...

This morning I've been working on leads, and I'm averaging at about the same amount I did yesterday, which is twice as much as I was doing last week. I also didn't get any horrendously ugly websites today, which was a nice break for my eyes. See, one problem about having a professor for typography who's obsessed with kerning and leading and type choice and all the rest, you become obsessed too, and then the world just starts to annoy you. Those moments, when I'm in a city and I'm looking at all the signs and posters around me, that's when I'm glad my parents decided to live in the middle of a forest. All I have to look at there that ain't so pretty are some dead animals.

Also, I'm glad I can type quickly, because this year I've learned that my brain moves way to quickly, so when I speak out loud I can't actually catch up and everything I say ends up coming out all funny. I tend to just flip sentences or words, and sometimes I'll even move onto my next thought while in the middle of saying something, so I'll just start a completely new sentence in the middle of a sentence. Teaching critical reading and writing is going to be super fun.

Carolina Rago
RIT Student
Graphics Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment