Monday, June 24, 2013

Empire State of Mind




I've returned from NYC with one thing in mind. When is the next time I can return? I fell in love with the city & everything it offers. Although I couldn't agree more with Ron's advice to live with your parents as long as you can to save money...I am a little torn. I am already 22 years old. Since I've been 15 I've dreamt of living to NYC. I've said for years that I'll move there one day...but not necessarily to live there for good. I feel like if I don't take the chance soon, while I’m young, and follow my dream to the city I will regret it for the rest of my life. Not only that...but I’ve been relying on my parents for my entire life. I have been taking Ron’s initial advice for as long as I’ve lived. I want to take the step away from that comfort zone. I don’t want to rely on my parents anymore. The thing is...is that I understand I’m not going to get my dream job right away and thats okay because I’m willing to work for it. But if I want my dream job to be in NYC isn’t that where I should be? With every career step I take now, I will proceed with NYC in mind. Seeing my dream in real life this past week was almost like a reality check. I may not be there now, but everything I do here in Boston, in Beverly...at Esente is a step towards where I want to go in life. 
The assignments I do here, whether it is writing anti-bullying articles, posting for social networks, or working on client’s webpages are all beneficial to my end goal. Every experience I have here, small or large is an opportunity to practice and perfect my skills and knowledge. Over the next week the interns are being organized into groups to work on specific projects. I’m excited to see what type of work I will be assigned and look forward to starting it. 




Kimberly Sarah Wilson
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment