Wednesday, June 26, 2013

day 11 of this so called Framtiden

And today, Swedish. I really like the way Swedish sounds when it's spoken; it's like a nicer German (Have you ever listened to German death metal? It's probably the angriest you will ever hear a person sound.).

This morning has been frustrating as far as leads go. I kept getting kicked off the internet, and when it was finally working pretty well merchant circle went down, and the new list I got on manta was a bust for leads. I think I got 8 leads from the at least 50 places listed. So today I got less than I have been getting, but at least it's still more than I was getting my first week. It's actually about halfway between the averages of the two weeks I've been doing leads.

Yesterday, I updated BizBuzz again and worked on a new project. I'm designing promotional graphics for some of our sites. It's super open, but my ideas are having troubles flowing, although I did work on a cute little cartoony bee in a suit jacket for the BizBuzz promo. He looked really creepy when I started though, so I got some help from a fellow designer on what I should change to make him more personable and less I'm-going-to-come-into-your-house-tonight-and-sting-your-face.

Last night, I had my first real class with LGR. It was a math night, so we went over some math and a bunch of methods to beat the SATs. I got the highest scoring group, and I got lucky because they're all pretty motivated and not disruptive. Sure, a few of them are shy, but once I get their names down completely I think I'll be able to make them answer questions more often. At least I didn't get a class like one of the other coaches had, her students wouldn't listen to her at all and I really just wanted to tell her that she had to be louder, because she's a very quite person and she needs to be able to speak over disruptions.

Hopefully I get some better ideas today for the promos!

Carolina Rago
RIT Student
Graphics Intern




No comments:

Post a Comment