Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day ___? I can't remember...

I came across this awesome Lana Del Rey cover of Born to Die cover on Spotify by The Amity Affliction this morning. Needless to say, I was super psyched. I think I've listened to it about 20 times already, just leaving in on repeat.


This morning, I made the mistake of drinking a giant thing of orange juice (I think it was a quart) and then getting a large iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts before coming into work. I'm sure I don't to explain why this was a poor decision.

I'm still upset that the Bruins lost, not that I'm that big of a fan, but just because of the way Game 6 went. It was one thing for Chicago to tie, but for them to score another goal on Rask 17 seconds after their first was ridiculous. Like I said, I'm not a die hard fan, so this is about as far as I can voice my opinion on the matter. I still don't like it though.

I recently learned that Ed Markey won the senate race last night. I didn't vote because I didn't really care that much. I know I should have because of the history of our country and our fight for freedom and liberty. I didn't vote because I was ill-informed of each parties stances on political issues. Oh, well.

The internet was pretty spotty today, making finding leads a bit of a pain. It wasn't so much the network here, but I think some of the lead sites were seeing a large amount of traffic, making them super slow or crash. Because of that, I only found 44 today. It's not too bad, but it's not my best either.

According to the Weather Channel, it's supposed to rain off and on for the next week straight... I think I might go crazy. As much as I love staying inside and vegging out while there's crappy weather outside, that fun only lasts a day or two. Plus, from what I've heard, the amount of rain you see in the warmer months correlates to the amount of snow that may fall in the colder months. If it rains a lot in the summer, the chances of snowing in the winter decrease. Unlike most people, I happen to love the snow, most likely due to my love of skiing. I'd much prefer a dry summer and a snowy winter.

Peter Dodwell
Merrimack College, 2014
PR Intern


No comments:

Post a Comment