Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week.....I Lost Count


It's weird to think how long I've been at Esente.  It feels like it has been forever, but in reality it has only been a little over 2 months.  Coming into Esente has become my Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday daily routine.  It's weird to think that in just a couple more weeks my time as an intern here will be over.  On Tuesday Laura was telling us how the intern program is pretty selective and even showed us the huge stack of resumes that came in only for the Summer 2013 intern positions.  It makes me feel good to know that my resume was selected out of these resumes not just chosen at random.  The fact that she takes the time to go through every single resume and pick only the best candidates shows how important the intern program really is to Esente. Hopefully I have made my time here meaningful and will keep learning and doing new things that will help me in the future. As Ron says you will learn more here than you ever would in a college course.

Today started a little differently for me.  It is nice to have a change of pace in the office and do something a little different than what I usually do.  Instead of doing leads this morning Ron put Shayna and me on a special project.  Ron is launching a new website made to reach out to some of the companies we contact for leads.  I was assigned the task of writing short 2-3 sentence blurbs about each subject this new part of the office will be offering.  By looking at Shayna and Hanna's writing that they previously did for this website, along with some information I read from another website, I shortened the content to make these little blurbs to be featured on the home page.  After sending them to Ron, he told me that I should shorten them even more so I had to cut each one down to 13 words (one was 14....don't tell).  It actually wasn't that hard to cut them down I just chose the main information from each subject and made it into a sentence.  I think I wound up doing about 10 minutes worth of leads so my number today was only 9. 

After lunch I assume the work for the 50 project will continue unless has something else he wants me to work on for this new webpage.  I am not sure if we have started sending yet but if not we should definitely get to it soon because we want to make sure we are going to get responses! If we don't start sending I will continue to fill in the missing states for bands and bullying stories for interns who have not been in to do their assigned states lately or are having trouble finding the information they need.  We will be done collecting them soon we are so close to having contacts for all 50 states! I really can't wait to see the outcome of the 50 project it will be satisfying to know it was a project that I helped create.

The day is just flying by it's already lunch time!

Rebecca Miller
University of Wisconsin-Madison 2015
Studying Journalism and Mass Communication

No comments:

Post a Comment