Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tired Tuesday

Today is a tired Tuesday. I have been tired lately and I should probably start going to bed earlier instead of watching my shows late into the night.  I started off the day a little differently today because Ron called me and Carolina into the office.  He asked us to write text for a newsletter for one of the salon websites we manage.  The information was given to me it was just a matter of putting the information in an order that made sense.  This took about 20 minutes out of my lead time so my numbers were a little lower than usual.  Today the office has been a buzz with conversation which is nice because it makes lead time go faster and I'm a good multitasker so I don't think it even slowed me down. 

After lunch I assume I will be working more on the 50 project.  Since today is my first day in the office this week I plan to ask the other PR interns if they did anything new yesterday with the project because I think that we have collected most of the information we need.  Maybe we can start sending out e-mails to see if bands and people telling bullying stories would be interested in participating.  I think we need to start sending sooner rather than later so that if we don't get positive responses we can go back to the drawing board and look for more people to contact.

Ron also told me today I should drop out of school and pursue an acting career in LA. I said it's hard to make it but he thinks I could be the 1%....I'm not so sure. My latest acting debut was me in Pirates of Penzance in 6th grade.  I didn't even make it into the 8th grade production of Annie even though my hair is red.  Should I take Ron's advice? Maybe I'll just channel my acting into broadcasting.

Rebecca Miller
University of Wisconsin-Madison 2015
Studying Journalism and Mass Communication

No comments:

Post a Comment