Thursday, July 11, 2013

day 17 of this so called Gelecekteki

I can't think of what Turkish sounds like, so I don't quite know what that word would sound like.

Anyway, yesterday, when I finally got around to collecting leads, I didn't do too badly event though I'd lost about half an hour, especially because merchant circle went down a couple of times. In the afternoon I started working on the 50 project, refining a cd cover I thought of, but around 2:00 Amanda gave me another project to work on. So for the last two hours of the day I worked on a logo for a woodworks company, and came up with eight total. My first few weren't so great, but after looking at logos on dribble for a bit and doing a bunch of sketches, I think my last ones came out okay.

This morning it was back to leads, but my list was good and merchant circle didn't go down, so I did quite well. One site made my eyes sad, though. It had this blurry logo in the middle of the page that was maybe four by three inches, and the colors were all funny. When I went to the "contact us" page, everything had been written half on top of the logo in thin black type, and with the black outlines of the logo it was impossible to read. Something definitely went wrong there... Come to think of it, I don't think I saw any exceptionally good sites today. One even had type just randomly placed all over the page, and even in the individual blocks of text things wouldn't be lined up. Basically, it was a bad day for my eyes.

Carolina Rago
RIT Student
Graphics Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment