Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Here Today, Google Tomorrow.

I just got back from a photo shoot at Toscana's in Peabody! Toscana's is the restaurant that Ron brought me to for a sales meeting my first week. Since Ron swayed Toscana's to invest in buying a website the production and building stages of the website have begun. The photo shoot was mostly focused on the food to get the best shots of some of their most popular dishes for the webpage. I really loved being able to be a part of this experience...I have never witnessed a photo shoot before.
Even just watching Jenny, the photographer, take various photos of food items was interesting. It was interesting because to some people they just look at a dish of pasta and that is what they see...just a dish of pasta. But Jenny uses her photography skills to capture the highlights of the food and make them look even more appetizing and delicious. To some it might seem ridiculous to get so into photographing food...but it really can mean all the difference. When customers go to Toscana's website I can guarantee their mouths will water in desire for the Frutti Di Mare, Eggplant Rotini, or the Linguini Carbonara because of the professional and thought-out pictures Jenny took today. It was a great experience and I'm thrilled I got to take part in it...especially because today is my last day.

Yupp...today is my last day at Esente Music Group...Officially at least! I'll be sure to stop in from time to time. I've been offered a temp-permanent job at Google in Cambridge and I start on Monday. I am beyond thrilled and I can't wait to get started. I mean I can definitely wait to start waking up at 5am every day....but besides that tiny detail I can't wait to begin.

Working these past few months at Esente has proved to be truly beneficial. I experienced a sales meeting, a photo shoot, a PR project, learned how to collect and compile research, enhanced my communication skills by working on various blogs and social networks, had the opportunity to work in a team and learn how to work successfully with different personalities. I've met great people, received great guidance and advice, and most of all I've had fun. I'm thankful for this opportunity and I believe it has helped me to reach this next opportunity I've been offered.

It's time to start pushing for my dreams, proving myself and moving up the career ladder. The real world has welcomed me in! And I welcome it back :)

It was great meeting every one of you, and working with all of you! I thank everyone at Esente for this opportunity and I wish everyone the best of luck with their futures. Stay in touch!

PS. I hear google gives free parking so I don't have to worry about bringing home any more of those darned orange tickets!!!

Kimberly Sarah Wilson
PR Intern
Google Girl ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment