Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's the Comedown


Yup, that's right, summer's on a whirlwind to it's demise. The weather is reminding everyone that fall is swiftly approaching and, in it's misty downpour, reflecting our disheartened feelings about the upcoming plunge back into reality. Me? Well I'm hunky dory about the season change. My body temperature can't handle anymore flip flopping between scorching hot sun and blizzard cold buildings. I'm looking forward to returning to Northeastern because not only will I begin learning about business and digital art in depth, but I will no longer be living with my parents! 

I've been gathering leads since I came in at 8:30 this morning, collecting the contact information for all of the non classifiable establishments and other business services located in Hollis, NH. Apparently most of their businesses still live in the stone age where professional websites and social media doesn't exist. Out of the hundreds of links I scoured through, only 46 of them had either to speak of. It seems ridiculous to me, that a business owner wouldn't want to provide their current and future customers the basic information they'd need to make a well-informed decision on their product.

After lunch I'll have to work on a logo for a business that does aerial videography for other business' marketing. This is something I think I can get creative with, and therefore come up with a better final product, unlike the last woodworking assignment. I also have to continue making logos for the 50 project but I hope that we will have another session with Ron beforehand so we can pick his brain more. This was his idea and, honestly, I don't think it will live up to his expectations unless we get the opportunity to work more closely with him in these last few weeks. 

Besides that I've been getting a lot done for my side projects, creating album artwork for various artists, and I'm really happy with what I've come up with!


Enjoy your Tuesday, folks!
x Gabriella

No comments:

Post a Comment