Monday, July 22, 2013

A diamond and developed writing

I wish I had thought to keep track of my total lead numbers. It’s certainly over one thousand by now but beyond that, I have no idea. It would be cool to know exactly how many. I still feel productive, though.

Ron liked my writing for the website that I did last week so I’m hoping I’ll be able to do some more. With the end of July fast approaching, I’ve been thinking about going back to school. It is more fun to think about how I am going to decorate my first single room in college (whatever it is, there will be lots of color and a solidly yoga-mat shaped open space) but I’ve also been thinking about how I will transition from my work here back to schoolwork. The subjects of my work in both places are very different-Shakespeare v. Sunbanque Tanning Salon. I weirdly find Shakespeare easier to write about. I think my work here will not only bolster my future professional career but also my imminent school finale (until law school, if that happens).

I write a lot of papers for my classes and often find it hard to make myself actually sit down and type something instead of just sitting and thinking about the material. Here, we have assignments and they must be finished before the end of the day. Of course, sometimes there are things that are postponed because of other projects, but I get a lot of things done every day. It sounds weird to discover that I can do work but often during school I do homework in long blocks on the weekends because my schedule is all over the place. Instead, I should be taking advantage of every minute during the week like I’m at a 9-5 job. Theory is great but it's not worth much if you can't articulate it.

This is a rambling post. I am very tired. At least the heat has broken! We lost power a couple times last week and it was hard to move around. Our puppy having increasingly more and more energy and I feel so bad when it’s sweltering out because the last thing I want to do is jump around for hours at a time.

Also, my last post was a little mysterious but I didn’t want to break the news that I was helping my brother pick out an engagement ring. He and his girlfriend got engaged on Saturday and we had a huge dinner to celebrate. She’s awesome and now I am going to have a sister!! Here they are on that day:

 
Aww, so cute.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Hanna Lane
English Literature

University of New Hampshire

No comments:

Post a Comment