Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Another Busy Day

I realized the only time leads have become annoying is when there is a company with an awful website but no contact information! It's the most frustrating thing on earth because all I want to do it find an email or a contact form for them so we can rebuild their website into something great.

Leads went well this morning and now I'm excited to start more on the 50 project. Yesterday I found 10 bands for every state except Wyoming. I literally only found 4! Who knew rock bands were so scarce there. Vermont was another state that I had trouble finding bands for, but it wasn't as difficult as Wyoming. The bullying stories are also hard to find because instead of finding individual people it is easier to find big corporations. I think that this will actually be an easier way to reach out to bigger populations of people. If a bullying organization similar to ours in different states can reach out to their following, we will be able to reach hundreds of people.

Our template for contacting the bands is almost finished, we're just waiting for approval. Once that happens we begin the next stages of the project!

Shayna LaHaise
UMass Amherst '13
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment