Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Talking about your product

Shayna and I got a bit of a break from leads this morning to work on the website of Ron’s new marketing company. The framework is there but we need to create content for the pages. He asked us to research other marketing companies and get a feel for what’s out there so we can make ours even better. I looked up social media marketing on the websites of the three most successful marketing firms in the country. Unsurprisingly, the websites were nice and the content was solid. It’s cool to study the message of a top company and make it even better. There are so many things to consider, like how specific you should be, what you need to convince, what questions the content should answer, etc. The work is a little different from analyzing theatrical literature of the Reformation but it’s all just about the way words work.

I like critiquing website design, too. You have to think about every little detail of the appearance because the things customers don’t notice can have a huge impact. Organization is key, especially when you’re selling a service to someone who might not know much about it. If you design the website in such a way that it walks the customer through the content, they are more likely to understand the value of your service.

In other news, this afternoon I have to take care of something for a really exciting surprise! I won’t put it here because I know you will tell everyone I know and ruin it but I can’t wait.

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

Hanna Lane
English Literature

University of New Hampshire

No comments:

Post a Comment