Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Winding Down

Today things are winding down as the internship here at Esente Music Group comes to a close. I started the internship here just over four months ago and today is my last day here. I've had an awesome time here. I've learned many things over the last four months, including quite a lot about the music industry and business in general. I think that I've also grown as an artist as I was working on several different posters and social media graphics over the course of the internship. I tried to branch out in various artistic and creative directions. I wanted this to be a great learning experience and see what ideas I could come up with, instead of one general design dictating all the works I eventually created. I've been in the company of some great artists and I think we've all helped each other reach a higher level of success with our work.

Things aren't any different today as they have been for over the course of the internship. I began leads once I settled in this morning. Yesterday, as well as today we've been looking throughout Waltham, MA. Today I've been looking through electronics and electrical. It's been a slow start, because many of them don't have websites or any other site with all their contact information. But nevertheless I'm going to keep pushing through and see how many numbers I can rack up today. I'm hoping for a good number, but if things keep going the way they have been, my numbers might not be so great.

Later on, I  also need to make sure that all of my posters and social media promos are up to par, and then send them to make sure they have access to them. It's been nice being able to work on several different projects, which keeps it interesting and fresh. The last design I have been working on, was a piece of fan art for Jayna Lininger. I used the lyrics from one of her original songs in the design. The day I decided to use her own words, I had to listen to the song "Heavenly" several times in order to get the lyrics correct. I have to admit, the song is pretty catchy and it was stuck in my head for a while, along with her other song "Gone Like That". Jayna has an incredible talent and I hope she is able to share her gift with many more people.

Anyways, as today winds down I'm going to make sure I have everything in order to hand over to Esente. Today is my long day, so I know I'll be able to get everything done in time. Looking back over the past four months here, it has been a great opportunity, which helped increase my skills as an artist as well as helping myself to grow as a person in general. In closing, I would like to thank everyone at Esente Music Group and OnPoint Media for providing me with such an incredible opportunity Thank you to all the staff and the interns as well. It has been a great four months with everyone!

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern


No comments:

Post a Comment