Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Leads, leads, leads!


Today has been all leads so far! It’s a little mind numbing but whenever my eyes start to glaze over I bring myself back by thinking about how the website I’m on could actually be a future client. Laura mentioned that you become sort of a “website-snob” after pedaling the bike around here and I’ve already noticed myself subconsciously critiquing the websites I as I peruse them. It seems like the businesses with no websites would be the best to contact-instead of potentially insulting one place’s existing site, we could simply set up a business for much higher success by giving them one-but not having a website makes you pretty inaccessible.

Like I mentioned in my last post, a lot of times I’ll go off a simple Google search. The quality of websites determines what I think of the business and if there is no website it may as well not even exist. Even the General Store in my town (I live in a really small town) has a Facebook page and they update it every day! I’ve also noticed how much I take the quality of huge websites for granted. They must put a ton of money into the site. Huge companies do a lot of their branding just with their website and little places still need to compete.

I’ve learned so much already, I actually feel like part of an office. When I thought about starting on Monday, I was nervous and didn’t know how I would be able to help. It was kind of like when Michael Scott said, “Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.” I gathered 36 leads today. It’s good to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment