Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week Three

Today begins my third week at Esente and I'm still not completely used to waking up so early, even though I usually consider myself a morning person. Then again morning in college is more like 9am or 10am not 6am or 7am. Even thought this is my third week, I am only going to be here one day this week. On my first day at Esente I was so nervous because I had to tell Ron and Laura that I had a previous engagement on May 29th and 30th. For previous jobs, it has never been easy to ask for days off, and my past employers have always gotten very annoyed when I would ask. So especially coming in here on my first day my heart was racing when I asked Laura for the days off. To my surprise she smiled and said of course it was okay, here at Esente they understand that we have other things going on too and that life happens. This was such a nice change that helped set the tone for my entire experience at Esente so far. This is such a laid back, fun, and welcoming environment I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Don't get me wrong, we still always have work to do, but the vibe here is just relaxing. I truly believe that environment is key to productivity, and because the environment is so comfortable here I am more productive during the day.
This morning we did leads again and one of the towns I had was Stoneham Mass, which I actually really enjoyed because I used to live in Stoneham. It was cool being able to recognize the palaces that I was researching. Unfortunately one of the places that I was researching was food and once again I'm starving and looking at delicious menus and pictures of food doesn't help. I don't know what to do to not be ravenous by the time its 930. Maybe eat a bigger breakfast, but that would mean waking up earlier or I could just bring snacks and eat them all morning long. There is no doubt in my mind that there is something wrong with me and that I am the type of person who needs to eat like every hour and a half. I think I'm gonna start doing the snacks thing because when I get hungry, which is often as you can tell, I get grumpy and unproductive and thats definitely not the best way to be in the workplace.
I'm not sure what we'll be doing this afternoon, but on Thursday Amanda sent an email about updating a blog about flipping houses, which I know nothing about...The only thing I know about flipping houses is that Cam and Clair did it on Modern Family a few weeks ago. So that should be fun to learn about and it will keep me busy too!

Shayna LaHaise
UMass '13
PR Intern 

No comments:

Post a Comment