Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Get me off the bike.


Pedaling a bike for three hours is tiring. Well, figuratively and literally. Figuratively, Ron refers to our job of finding leads as “pedaling the bike”. It's kind of the boring, redundant, but necessary work we will do as interns. Ultimately finding leads is just internet research work. We are assigned specific locations and areas of business and then enter a variety of information into a Google Doc for each business. For example, today I was researching schools, seasonal services and services in the Milton area. It’s easy work but it’s also very repetitive work and that can be a little tiring. Although collecting leads isn’t the most fun thing I’m assigned to do here at Esente...it is relevant. Wanting to work in the PR field, research and organizing research is something I’m going to be doing constantly--so it’s actually good practice and experience having to dedicate some of my time here to that. 

I tried to be all healthy by accessing my caffeine from Green Tea today but I was already tired and these past 3 hours on the bike are definitely pedaling me downstairs to the conveniently located Dunkin’ Donuts during lunch.

Kim Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment