Wednesday, May 29, 2013

(Insert clever title here)-Part 4

Today was rather uneventful. I woke to gray skies covered with grey clouds like something out Tim Burton's mind. The Toaster Strudel I had for breakfast did not come with an icing packet. I took my first first walk from my new apartment to the office, which took all of three minutes. It was odd starting a new routine in a new place. I've woken up everyday and left for school, work, or soccer, but today was different. This was the first day I had truly started the day by myself. Not to say that I wasn't able to before today, what do you take me for a child? But, today if I had slept in no roommate or mother would be there to save me. It's odd to think that for the past twenty odd years there has always been some sort of direct physical support. I guess it's the first step in the transition from being a student into an adult, that actual physical separation from our childhood tendencies. Not that I'm not mature enough to be an adult, though I still don't have taste for coffee or smooth jazz or rum raisin ice cream. But then again who does?

No comments:

Post a Comment