Thursday, May 16, 2013

My First Impression of Esente


            Today is my second day at Esente and so far I am really enjoying myself. I find the causes that we promote and write about extremely interesting and important. Yesterday I wrote three articles about anti bullying and today I am working on drunk driving articles.  Even though I think I know quite a bit about these topics, I find that I learn so much as I research both of them. I think that both of these topics are things that people need to be educated about and what better way to do this than through music. Music is something that brings people together and it is even better if promoting a good cause is uniting people, while they enjoy music.
            In the past, my courses at UMass Amherst have given me opportunities to work with getting media literacy and education programs into school systems. This was a particularly rewarding experience for me because we worked directly with third grade students from the Pioneer Valley area teaching them that they could be creators of media. My other experiences at UMass have allowed me to create a blog about student debt, work with iMovie, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. I have taken courses about interpersonal communication and cross-cultural communication. I feel that these courses have given me the opportunity to experience a variety of people in multiple situations and how to deal with any task I am given. I am looking forward to what the next few months at Esente will bring.

Shayna LaHaise
University of Massachusetts Amherst ‘13
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment