Tuesday, May 28, 2013

How to make myself not sound like a bad match.com profile!

Hey!
 My name is Meghan Connolly, I'm a Graphic Design intern at Esente music group and today is my first day! The initial commute to work from Walpole, if you know where that is power to ya! (Most people don't). Not to sound like a little kid but I could barely sleep last night, I was like a kid on Christmas Eve....so excited!!! Getting to work this morning was a little less crazy, taking every form of transportation less than a camel! Just kidding, little sarcasm sprinkled there. Ok so who am I...I apologize if this gets too dating website like, I like long walks on the beach and....oops there's that sarcasm again! Ok name, check, what I do, check...school, right! I am going to be a super senior at Umass Dartmouth, where I study Graphic Design, and have me a fancy minor in marketing. Graphic design? Why do it! Ok, so much like most art kids, I love all aspects of art, dance, music movies, you name it, I LOVE IT! More specifically, I love music art, posters, CD covers, flyers! That is actually why I decided to go to art school, I figured I would just make CD covers and boom done! Oh side note, I apologize for any grammatical errors, crazy run on sentences; I've been known to be a comma lunatic! Ok back to all about me. This is my first day as an intern and its been great! I first acquainted myself with what the company does, looking at some links and such, then I started on my first project as an intern! I am working on anti bullying posters which any graphics kids knows...research, research, and MORE RESEARCH! I loved the cause of the posters, all gun-ho for that, but have to be honest the research is brutal! My concepts I want to be very hitting home, emotionally a slap in the face, if you will, and the best way to do that is to tug on them heartstrings! However I realized that if my concepts do see fruition, oh they'll pull alright, due to the fact that I had to throw on the Disney Spotify as background noise. Oh another side note, I ramble, and tend to use capital letters to express my excitement, as if you didn't notice yet! Next thing I did was start my first intern blog, quickly realizing that I know NOTHING about blogging, so hopefully these get better...fingers crossed. Well I think I've rambled on a lot about today...and it is only 12:30! Can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings!
-Meghan Connolly

No comments:

Post a Comment