Monday, May 6, 2013

Horse Therapists?


During leads today I found a website for a non-profit horse psychiatrist organization. This is perhaps the greatest waste of altruism I have come across. I'd think that most people who can afford to have horses and are interested in a service like horse therapy, shouldn't need the charity (at least not in Concord, MA). Unless they give people the horses first, then give them said therapy, I don't see how this should be a non-profit. Most of my leads-time was spent in the Health Services category, a notorious frustrating one as most doctors listed work at the same hospital or clinic, or just don't have websites. I suppose they probably get most patient via referral, but seems like a website would still be beneficial. They should at least have their email addresses posted somewhere so we can explain this to them. On the other hand, five years ago before I had health insurance, I used to find doctors on the internet and those arrangements never worked out for anybody. I'd get a prescription that I usually couldn't afford and they got a patient who they would never see again, let alone get a dime out of. So maybe it's a way of keeping out the riffraff. 

Got fairly far ahead with the Rock Report blog but would like to get further. It's not that I don't think I'll have time for the blog, under the gun I can usually pump something out pretty fast that may not be my best work, but is good enough for a website almost no one looks at. I'm more worried about forgetting it entirely.In the next couple of weeks I'll have a lot more going on with my other job (working for a local preserves company) and the summer farmer's markets are about to start up. Also next week I'm playing with a friends band in Brooklyn and should be picking up a few bucks for that. At least enough to negate the money I spend getting down there and the pizza/sandwiches/and espresso-cola I need to survive while I'm there. It'll also be nice to have a little time for short-distance traveling after a very, very busy past few months.

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment