Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What's your 2-5-10 Year Plan?


5-Year Plan: Beer Brewing
The older you get, the more important security becomes. Security is the thing that we cling to, hold on to, carry with us, or for the lucky ones, just know that it’s there. What we hold on to is different for different people. For some cash is king, others find true love to work for them. These are the ideas and ideals that keep us going. So when I Ron posed the question about our 5 year plans, this was an easy question.
I’m constantly looking for things and people that take a long time. People that are not necessarily slow paced, but whom are complex and take time and effort to get to know. I enjoy crafting items that take time to reach their full maturity. So when I thought about my 5 year plan, all I had to do was rearrange my mental to-do list.
Working in PR is allowing me to understand one more aspect of communication. Communication I can utilize to enter the brewing industry. Communicating through the beer I make will allow me to understand the growing process of the ingredients. Growing will help me understand how community works and community will help me to understand how to create a place where people can come together to create the lives they want to live.
This may seem broad, but it all fits. And besides, the journey is half the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment