Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What do I want?

After Ron's inspirational speech today, I'm sure one of many, I am motivated to think about what I want to get out of this internship.  At just 20 years old I'm expected to know what I want out of life? I am Rebecca Miller a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin Madison and still don't have a major.  Deciding on journalism or communications is a step but I still need to get into the programs and focus on something specific. 

Hopefully through this internship I can begin to learn and put my creativity to the test in order to better prepare me for a job in the future.  Although I may not know what this dream job is it is important to me that I find myself through the work that I write and what I do at this internship.

Day 1: I feel like I am beginning to fit into the Esente community as I have received assignments all day today.  Instead of feeling like I am at work I feel that I am being helpful to the company and actually doing work that matters. Writing posts for Stop DD Now, tweeting, and even writing on this blog is helping to work towards the company's goals.  Doing something important that helps Esente is rewarding especially I know that the content I write and work on will be able to be seen online by thousands. 

Time to get back to work! Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment