Thursday, May 23, 2013

What's it All About?

What I've realized by day 3 of my work at Esente is that this company is all about networking. The importance of reaching out and talking to others is something that I have began to realize is a fundamental part of this company.  About 3 hours a day is devoted to finding information about different companies so we can later contact and sell to them.  Although this isn't the most exciting task, by listening to those who work here talk to clients in person and on the phone I have realized its importance.  This process allows other parts of the company to run and become successful.

Networking is an important skill in life.  Knowing how and where to get information from companies in order to contact them in order to connect is something that is helpful at any job.  The skill I am using now is going to be important in the future.  Even if it makes my eyes slowly close and put me back to sleep I understand the necessity of these 3 hours.  They actually go by pretty fast when you are working on a computer which is good because it brings me straight to lunchtime where I can take a break and eat (one of my favorite things to do).

Another form of networking that I worked on yesterday was following different people and groups on Twitter. This widens the network of people that see the Twitter account and allows them to discover the account and hopefully follow us back.  The same goes for Facebook, posting and liking other pages makes it more likely to receive likes and brings the page to the attention of others.  Without being taught to do these things I probably would have never thought to do that myself.  This is an important tool because it puts the company out there in the social media world for others to see.

Well almost lunch time!
Have a great memorial weekend (despite the crappy weather),
Rebecca Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment