Wednesday, May 22, 2013

So Far, So Good

Hi everyone!

My name is Lindsey and I'm really excited about my first day here at Esente - just five hours in!  I'm a rising senior at High Point University in North Carolina, studying marketing.  For as long as I can remember, I have had an unyielding passion for music.  To each person, it means something different.  Yet the majority of us hear music every single day: from jazzy elevator music, to the tunes we wake up to when our alarm clocks wake us up in the morning; from the melodies coming from self-expressed musical street performers, to the fun yet repetitive theme songs we hear before the start of our favorite TV show.  To me, music is a necessity - which is why I created my own music blog about a year and a half ago.  I created this blog in hopes of sharing my passion for music with the public.  My hope is that fellow music lovers will visit my blog and widen their musical horizon, all while enjoying the tunes that I share!

I'm not so sure if I have a "dream job" in mind yet - however as of recently I've been particularly interested in learning more about a career in the A&R division of a record label.  A&R stands for "Artists and Repertoire", and this area of work is responsible for talent scouting and overseeing the artistic development of recording artists/songwriters.

Anyways, I'm super excited to be here at Esente and I'm eager to see what the coming weeks have to offer!

Lindsey D-M

No comments:

Post a Comment