Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Three More Days


Did okay with leads today. I'm starting to catch up with my pre-written titles for the Rock Report. I took a look back at the posts I've already written and realized that I didn't always reference rock/pop songs so I'm thinking that maybe it's okay if I find an article I really like, to just come up with a clever title that doesn't necessarily show off my music knowledge. I'm not entirely sure why I felt that I needed this assurance since not many people are reading it anyway. I don't think I'm gonna get a 'go-ahead' on my ideas for revamping the blog so I'm thinking that if I can find the time, maybe just give myself the 'go-ahead' and write the occasional article that expands on what is already there and possibly perform some SEO type duties. Who knows, maybe if I can increase the traffic significantly it will get me closer to being able to do what I want with it and possibly be paid for it. The only competition this task would have (in terms of free time) would be a book I'm working on and am determined to finish in the next three or four months but that seems to be going pretty fast, already 11,000 (avg.  novel is 64,000) words into the second draft and it's only been about a week. My main concern with balancing these projects is that I type pretty aggressively and I fear that if I'm writing nearly every minute of every day, I'll pound the keys straight through the bottom or my laptop and into whatever coffee shop table I'm sitting at, then be on the hook to pay for it. But as long as it's not Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, it wouldn't be the worst the that's happened to me. And if it is at a local-indie coffee house, I may even be able to convince them that it qualifies as art.

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment