Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My Dream Job...For Now


Ever since our "inspirational" talk we had yesterday I haven't been able to stop thinking about what I want my future to hold. I know that I want to work in marketing or public relations and that it would be awesome if I could travel. Traveling has been a major part of my life for as long as I can remember. So I began to think wouldn't it be cool if I could travel all over the world and promote local "hidden treasures" to hotels all over the world? So that is my goal, and the aspect of working here at Esente that will help achieve that goal is "pedaling the bike"as they call it here, or chasing leads. Basically, we have been chasing leads all morning and I'm not gonna lie, its definitely not the most interesting thing we've been doing here, but it is useful. It will also come in handy if I want to be able to go to foreign places and contact small businesses about promoting them. This whole idea could change in the fall once I start grad school or it could change in a week, but right now this sounds pretty good to me. I could incorporate my love of travel with my newfound marketing and public relation skills.
Right now it's 12:18 and we eat lunch at 12:30, before I started blogging I was chasing leads for food and dining places in Newton, Mass. This was a mild form of torture for me. Every time I came across a website with pictures of the food the serve I died a little inside. I am beyond hungry and it may be because I'm always hungry or because the pictures of food on some of these websites looked so heavenly. I'm not sure what we're gonna be doing after lunch but at least if I have to look at pictures of food I'll have already eaten.

Shayna LaHaise
UMass Amherst '13
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment