Tuesday, May 21, 2013

(Insert clever title here)-Part 2


Second day, gone away, what can I say, about my day? Alright, enough of those stupid rhymes. Today was my second day and up to the end of day I thought I had a grasp of what my life was. Wake up, go to work, write, go to bed, enjoy the days off, go back to work, lather, rinse, and repeat.  It wasn't until Ron asked me “What’s your dream job” that I was content with just running the hamster wheel. People always ask “what do you want to do after college?” to which my response is always “write.”  I guess I subconsciously didn't want to think about my life after college because right now is fun, easy. The words wedged themselves in my head and made me ask myself “what am I doing with my life?” A revelation I know, by an unemployed college student. Life just seemed so simple go to school, get a job, live your life. But after today, I feel like I've been on the wrong path. That the choices I've made have been of the thoughts and expectations of others. That I haven’t been my own man, though if I can take solstice in any of this, it is that I learned this now. I still have time to find what I’m looking for, time to find a professional career that I can find some purpose and meaning in. Wow, re-reading that was kind of depressing , next journal entry will have more jokes to make up for it.

-Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment