Thursday, May 23, 2013

Leads and Sales Calls


Today was the first day that I came to Esente and did't get lost on the way. It was literally a minor miracle that I made it here without adding 15 minutes to my commute. I don't know why I was cursed with the worst sense of direction known to human kind but I have learned that when driving, to never trust my instincts. I was so proud of myself today that I think I'm going to buy myself something after work. So not only did I not get lost on my way to work, but I also got here early. Another thing that I am really proud of myself for is eating healthy while being here. I have been really good about not buying lunch from the delicious restaurants
So what are my thoughts after my second week at Esente? So far I am really looking forward for what the rest of the summer will bring. Every day after we leave I am more inspired and excited for what will be next. I hope that soon we get to do more hands on experience when dealing directly with drunk driving awareness and anti-bullying. I have a lot of ideas about ways to help promote these two topics and can't wait to learn about what other interns have to say too.
Today ended up actually being very fun filled, I went on a sales call with Ron to Lexington to a Stationary store. It was extremely interesting learning experience. We talked with the store owners about building up their cliental to the entire country, rather than just Lexington, Mass. The owner of the store was extremely unsure about what he wanted, but Ron found some way to make it work. I hope we end up getting the client, but if not it was still great to be able to go on a sales call and see how that aspect of the company works! I really like how working at Esente gives you multiple opportunities  even just as an intern.

Shayna LaHaise
UMass '13
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment