Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Exhaustion

Thankfully today is one of my short days here at the office, considering I was up until three this morning finishing some designs for an electronic illustration class I've been taking. And later finishing a paper into the early hours of Wednesday morning. I've gotten about twelves hours of sleep over the past three nights, so I'm pretty exhausted. My body doesn't want to move, to work, to keep going. Luckily, today was my last day of classes so I can sleep in tomorrow and hopefully restore my body back to tip-top shape.

Yesterday while I was here I was cranking out leads as fast as possible. I've been trying to challenge myself to find more leads each day, in roughly the same amount of time. Yesterday was a pretty good day, my numbers were in the lower 40's. Today I'm not sure how many I've collected to far, but the number should be exceeding 30 or 40 today.

After a lunch break and after I completed the leads for OnPoint Media, I was working on some posts for several of the blogs that they run. I summarized three articles in total. One on drunk driving, another on bullying and the third one business related ideas. It wasn't too bad, I feel like I go overboard writing sometimes. But it's better to have more than not enough.

Ideally I wanted to finish touching up some of the promotional graphics for social media usage, but instead I decided to work on some fan art for Jayna Lininger. I was browsing around her website and started listening to some of her original songs, which are incredible. I had to write down the lyrics to one of her songs, because the lyrics themselves weren't posted anywhere I could find. So I planned on using some of the lyrics and incorporate them into the fan art. I wanted to use one of her own original song as a basis for the creative direction. This essentially dictated the creative execution of the design but also it relates to Jayna on a more personal level, than say using one of the songs she has covered. I'm not finished with this just yet, but will post as soon as all is complete.

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment