Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Progress

Yesterday while at Esente, I was able to make great progress in multiple tasks that I have been adamantly working on. I started off yesterday morning by conducting more Internet research for OnPoint Media. I was working on a list of businesses under the "legal" section throughout Boston. I was able to accumulate 50 in total. My numbers seem to be getting much better, but i have noticed that they fluctuate from day to day. I believe that most I collected at one time was 70, give or take a few. Although it can be discouraging to only find a handful of leads, you have to take the good with the bad.

After I finished researching and compiling the list of potential clients for OnPoint media, I continued working on the list for National Anthems. The group I am a part of was assigned Becca Levy. What I have been doing is researching college-level teams that could potentially host Becca Levy to sing the National Anthem and bring attention to her Right Now anti-bullying campaign. We started by looking for Division I colleges/universities (then Div-II, etc) throughout New England and various other surrounding states. As of yesterday we had began researching Division III colleges. Specifically yesterday, I was able to find multiple colleges within Maryland and New Hampshire that could potentially be fitting for Becca Levy to appear.

I was also able to work on my posters for the anti-bullying campaign. After putting these posters on the back burner for a couples days (maybe a week), I was able to accomplish a little more toward a finished product. The poster I was designing yesterday specifically calls attention to verbal bullying. I wanted to create something different, so I figured that bringing awareness to multiple forms of bullying would be a good way to tie in 3 separate posters under one general theme. I have most of this poster done, but am a little hesitant to post it because it does use several inappropriate/derogatory terms. However, this is the reality of verbal bullying. So it may see the light of day...one day.

Today I walked into the office around 9:45 and went right into conducting the Internet research for OnPoint Media. Today I was looking for businesses in Brookline, MA under Restaurants/Bars and also under Real Estate. My total number for today is 45. Slightly down from yesterday, but a good number nonetheless. I try not to become discouraged because the numbers sometimes depend on the list you are given. Even so, you need to know when to stop looking for one and move on to the next.

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment