Thursday, February 14, 2013

Another Day Learning

Today when I first arrived at the Esente office I began more research for OnPoint Media. I started chipping away at the "Real Estate" section of businesses, but with little success. I must have looked for information for 80+ businesses and was only able to find a total of 35 potential clients. My numbers today are down significantly from yesterday and other previous days this week, as well as past weeks. Like I mentioned in a previous blog, you cannot become discouraged with only a handful of leads. I realize that there are days were my number are upwards of 50 or more, other days I have found as little as 15. Not everyday can be a 30,40, 50+ kind of day.

Shortly after I walked into the office, Ron wanted to have a meeting with the interns. He discussed several research projects that us interns (as a whole) should have completed within the next week or two. These projects include the state media lists and the National Anthem list for Becca and Jayna. I haven't worked much on my state media list (Massachusetts) for several days, but hope to make great progress on this list until I leave later today.

One particularly interesting point that Ron brought up in the intern meeting earlier was, that everything is a scam. I believe he wanted to make the argument that there are underlying motives behind many things, if not everything, throughout life. The music industry is no stranger to this concept. As music is a commodity, it is to be bought and sold. Music, just as any commodity, has a niche in which it needs to be marketed in order to be most successful. In this case at Esente we are trying to market and promote the music of Becca Levy and Jayna Lininger. To accomplish this goal, the interns and myself are eagerly working to find locations for both artists to perform the National Anthem as well as compiling state media lists to further promote and market these talented performers.

For the remainder of the day I plan to come close to finishing the state media list. If time allows I also hope to work on another poster that calls attention to another particular form of bullying, cyber-bullying. As soon as I have made a dent in the creative aspect of the posters I plan on posting an image of the progress.

And remember, it's a scam.

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment