Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This Week in Interning


Later today another intern and myself will be compiling a couple lists of things that would help persuade us to play a One Night Stand concert organized by Esente Music Group.  As people in bands, we are apparently experts.  I already have a couple of ideas.  It should be an interesting tasks.  Most of my band's shows are in venues I already know, with other bands I know and often book myself, and none of us have delusions about fame and riches so everyone is generally happy to get fifty or a hundred bucks for a half hour set.  This formula has never failed me so it will be a little bit of a challenge to imagine what a band with delusions of fame and riches might want out a gig where they probably won't know anyone except for people they bring.  It's also hard to imagine setting up a show in a city I've never been to, at a venue I've never heard of but I suppose it has been done before so there's no reason it can't be done again.  

In one of the past couple weeks, I apparently missed a meeting when we were asked to decide and state 'what we want' out of the internship and our future careers.  Obviously I need to catch up and figure this out, but it will take a little thought as my interests can fall anywhere between music journalism, comedy, screenwriting, and french cuisine at any given time, so I'm not really sure that my dream job exists, but I'll have to think of someway to narrow the field and bring my expectations down to sea level.  Neither of which are bad ideas anyway.  

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment