Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One Step Forward

Yesterday I was only at the Esente office for a few hours until I had to run to a class in the afternoon. I conducted more leads as usual when I first got in. I had several lists to investigate in order to find more potential clients for OnPoint Media. I sifted through "electrical", "electronics", "energy and resources" and "environmental markets". I haven't been finding as many potential clients, leads, as I have in previous weeks. But I managed to find about 34 out of about 70 businesses in total. Actually this is quite good considering half of them had all the information needed, in order to add them to a master list.

Speaking of lists.. I believe we have, or are in the finishing stages of completing the National Anthem lists. Yesterday during a brief meeting with the interns, Ron mentioned another list we will begin compiling. This new list is a compilation of middle schools and high schools where Becca Levy would ideally be able to speak about her Right Now, anti bullying cause, as well as perform a small acoustic set. Ron wanted us to investigate schools throughout Massachusetts.

The new list would be broken down into several counties in Massachusetts, and each intern would be assigned numerous cities/towns to look into. We are hoping to find several hundred contacts to reach out to, in order to generate the list of stops (middle/high schools) for Becca to conduct a speaking/performance tour. This will enable her to reach out to students, who are typically the victims of bullying. I think this is a great way to spread the incredible message that Becca wants to share with everyone.

I also worked some more on my poster for verbal bullying. I spent about 2 hours changing things around, sizing various items, among other tasks, just for me to trash what I had completed. For some reason the poster just wasn't coming together as I had hoped, so I plan to eagerly work on the design of this more today.I felt I was making progress, but really I took one step forward and two steps back when I ultimately trashed the so-called "progress". A visual update will be coming shortly!

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment