Thursday, February 21, 2013

Taking the Next Step

I was able to finish my research on healthcare leads in Cambridge for Onpoint Media and move onto automotive leads in Lawrence. Both of the leads lists that I worked on today yielded very few leads. My total count for the day was 20. During our intern meeting we discussed moving forward with the next step in continuing our National Anthem project; contacting the venues. Before contacting the venues, we need to figure out what we are going to say to them and how we are going to present it. What we say to the major league teams will be different from what we say to the minor league teams, which will be different from what we say to the college teams. It is important for us to be prepared to not only send out emails containing Press Kit information, but to be able to talk to the representatives of each venue over the phone with assertion and fluidity. What we say, how we say it, and our ability to answer any questions they might have are all very important. These factors could potentially make or break our chances of booking Jayna to sing the National Anthem at each venue. I spent the second part of the day working on outlining these details, and began drafting emails to cater to each league. I broke down my outline by league, and created sections for the 5 W’s (who, where, what, when, why) and the 4 legs of the sale table (value, credibility, uniqueness, and urgency). In order to get my mind jogging, I also wrote out brief descriptions of how emails to the different leagues should differ; this should prove helpful when I continue my rough draft emails. There is still a lot of work to be done before we begin contacting people, but I am optimistic that our hard work and planning will pay off handsomely.

-Robert Skolnik, PR Intern, Esente Music Group 

No comments:

Post a Comment