Monday, February 18, 2013

Wrapping up Media and National Anthem Lists


I made a mistake with my media list by asking whether or not to include internet magazines, without which I would be done.  I not only made more work for myself but felt like the kid in class who reminds the teacher to collect homework if they forget.  I probably don't need to fear for my life but perhaps my lunch money.  At the end of last week I made an executive decision with my National Anthem list, that Division III college sports probably aren't worth it.  The information is easy enough to come by, but every photo I saw on the websites show mostly empty seats.  There's some comedic value in a picture of a dozen basketball players holding up a trophy with half a dozen miserably bored-looking spectators sitting behind them, but I'm not sure Becca or Jayna would see the humor in it.  

In our meeting today we talked about the next step once these lists are wrapped up.  We spoke briefly of some potential projects we would start on in the next couple of weeks.  Namely a slideshow-style advertisement for OnPoint Media, a fifteen minute video on bullying for Becca Levy, and some kind of website for bands that I haven't heard much about but am interested in nonetheless.  All of these sound like worthwhile things to work on.

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern 

1 comment:

  1. They may be comedic to you but it's still serious competition. Just because it's played in 1,500-seat gyms instead of 15,000-seat arenas doesn't mean it's worthy of your scoffing.

    ReplyDelete