Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Full Speed Ahead

Yesterday while I was at the Esente office I managed to finish several tasks that needed some much needed TLC. I began the day conducting Internet research for potential clients for OnPoint Media, just as I do any other day. Yesterday I was able to find information for 34 of these potential clients. My numbers keep fluctuating, but this only means some lists have more potential than other lists.

Aside from conducting the daily Internet research, I was finally able to finish sifting through innumerable newspaper contacts throughout Massachusetts. Again this list, and other state lists, will be used to help promote our anti bullying messages through Esente and Becca Levy. I believe I topped the 200 mark for contacts, and this is newspapers alone. I still have to look through college newspapers, radio stations and magazines throughout Massachusetts. I hope the list for these 3 areas are not as involved as newspapers were. I was concerned about getting all the newspaper contacts finished but since I have, I feel better about completely finishing the list within the next two days. I can't imagine there are tens of college newspapers/radio stations/ magazines within MA, so it feels good to breathe again.

Towards the end of the day yesterday, Ron held a small meeting with four of the interns, myself included, and several staff. He wanted to discuss where we stand in compiling these various lists, and where we should be heading in the next week or so. An important factor that was brought up was to know how to prioritize. By prioritizing, one is better able to make strides toward a goal, and if enough progress is made more goals can be accomplished.

Also during this meeting, Ron mentioned creating goals. Two kinds of goals he discussed are results goals and action goals. Results goals are about to be quantified through numerics, as certain milestones are achieved. Action goals are the steps we need to take in order to attain particular goals. Essentially action goals are a break down of what tasks need to be achieved in order to reach a goal. Ron also mentioned, to take things as far as you can go with them. Once you start any task, you want to keep moving forward, without roadblocks. Or if you do come across a roadblock, make sure you have done as much as you could in order to capitalize on these tasks, which are ultimately leading to the completion of a goal.

Take these goals as far as you can bring them. Full speed ahead!

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment