Wednesday, February 20, 2013

One Night Stands Initiation



Good Afternoon Again,

It’s the midpoint of the week and things in the office are coming along well. My local business contact collection for OnPoint Media is back up today at a total of 28 businesses in the Cambridge Mass area and my media list should be completed by the deadline of March 1st. On a different note, my supervisor has given each intern specific tasks to accomplish this afternoon for our upcoming events called One Night Stands. These events are concerts across the country where local bands and audiences come together to spread the word against bullying. My task is to develop a list of the incentives for bands to play at these events as well as the downsides, and examples of errors to avoid. This specific task was delegated to me because of my experience playing in a band, booking shows, and attending shows. I am drawing on my previous knowledge of what I personally see as a benefit of playing an event of this nature, what I see as a downside, and what I would like to avoid had I been performing.

As my project takes shape, more updates will follow.

Bradley Simonsen
Wentworth Institute of Technology
Spring Semester 2013
Public Relations/Marketing Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment