Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Rio Dupris 2/12/2013


I accomplished 18 leads today. Chiropractors definitely want people to contact them.
Last week my anti-bullying poster was looked at and I found the information from everyone helpful. Since being in art school, I've found critiques to be an invaluable tool in making my designs more effective. I thank everyone for their input!
Ron discussed ways to get hired in the creative fields today and I thought the information he passed about networking and recognizing ways to broaden prospects to be very valuable and thought provoking. I took from that the message of always be open, do what needs to be done to provide stability in your financial/personal life in order to be open to the creative opportunities when they come and really get to know the people around you while ever increasing that circle by new connections and friends. I believe networking is a place I could use more practice in, I'm a bit shy around new people at first but I can still smile, be friendly and helpful, and have a genuine interest in my fellow human beings. Everyone has a story, some are downright fascinating! My goal is to come out of the proverbial shell a bit more every time I meet someone new. It's a start at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment