Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Parallel Universe Concept


My research for finding leads for Onpoint today was very successful, yielding 45 leads. My search for media contacts in the state of Rhode Island continues, but is beginning to slow down. I am getting close to completing the list, but continue to research as much as I can in an effort to make sure that I do not miss any TV channels, Radio stations, or publications. Our intern meeting today was great. We went over several topics, but the main message that I walked away from the meeting with was the concept of living in “parallel universes.” One universe, for example, is your career universe. In this universe you do all that you can to network, take on jobs even if they aren't exactly what you envision, etc. The idea is that your career universe is the one that you are continually striving to advance, no matter what the cost. A universe parallel to your career universe would be something like a side job in order to support yourself so that you have the ability to advance your career universe without worrying about money (i.e., you need to work your ass off to get the career results that you want). The meeting also addressed networking, which is an integral part of building a career. It’s not what you know, but rather who you know. I spent the remainder of my day finishing the minor league list for the National Anthem project.

Robert Skolnik, PR Intern, Esente Music Group  

No comments:

Post a Comment