Monday, April 1, 2013

An Afternoon Blog...

This afternoon one of the other PR interns and I will be working on blogs.  It'll be nice to take a break from internet research and do something that is fun for me.  Apparently there are four blogs to be worked on, excluding the Rock Report I assume since I have already annexed it.  I knew there was a bullying blog but I have no idea what the other three are.  I doubt they'll be as much as writing the Rock Report, but it's always good to write out of one's comfort zone.  One of the biggest complaints I make about my own writing is that it all seems to be the same voice and similar content whether it's fiction, nonfiction, blogging, comedy, screenplays, songs and so on...actually, I think that covers it.  A specific problem is that I have trouble not making something funny.  It is (probably) always a good idea to emulating other styles.  One thing that has kept me from applying for journalism jobs is that I could never seem to write straight and boring, in the style of the Associated Press.  In the past I considered it beneath my capabilities.  I now realize that if I have trouble with it, then I'm not quite above it, am I.  For example, the reason I'm not a lion tamer in the circus isn't because I'm too talented, it's because the lion would eat me.  So today will be good practice and will give me a sense of what blog I might want to take over should I continue as an editor through the summer.
  

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment