Wednesday, April 3, 2013

#29 in the Esente Music Group Internship Series


I got pretty lucky with a good leads-list this morning.  The goldmine was in 'Legal' for Newburyport (MA).  This category can be very hit-or-miss but I'm beginning to notice a lot of that has to do with the financial prosperity of a given town.  For example, in Newburyport a lot of the lawyers specialize in divorce because their in a town where couples can afford to get a divorce, the lawyers can afford to hire web designers and the clients have Internet access.  In lower-income towns like Lawrence, the 'Legal' crop is pretty dry.  It seems like there you can't find a lawyer unless you commit a crime a first.  

I began my takeover of the Rock Report this week which is no less fun than when it was a mere assignment.  The only problems I'm running into is that I'm often tempted to write summaries that go beyond the article, and are sometimes longer than the articles themselves.  Also, in order to build up enough entries to put them in queue so I can forget about it for a week or so, I'm gonna have to find more sources than the one site (Music Think Tank) that we've been using.

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment