Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Parabolic Plateau

I like to think of each work week as a parabola. I also picture the work I do is analogous to riding a bike. That being said, today would be considered the parabolic plateau, and I'm about to be coasting downhill into the weekend. That's how I picture things anyway, if that makes any sense, but it helps me break up my days into manageable sections. All trigonometry aside, business contact collection for OnPoint Media seems to be unanimously behind due to certain distractions and meetings going on throughout the office. From a personal standpoint, my collections are slightly down as well, at 26, but we're all asked to spend an extra hour today closing this margin. Yesterday afternoon was a bit different than normal due to sending band marketing emails for One Night Stands music events, which also was less effective than expected. Multiple people were sending on one Facebook account that eventually got temporarily blocked as spam. Whoops. However, the process seems to be smoothed out today after yesterday's test run.

I'll be checking back tomorrow for more updates.

Bradley Simonsen
Wentworth Institute of Technology
Spring Semester 2013
Public Relations/Marketing Intern
     

No comments:

Post a Comment