Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Learning Process

Where to begin, where to begin? Yesterday was a pretty good day overall at the office. It was, however, a horrible day for leads for myself. I was only able to gather 19 in total, which I believe is my worst number to date. What am I going to do? Move on.

Today was slightly better, I managed to find 30 all together. It becomes very tedious after researching all these different companies and just about none of them have a website or even a Facebook. What is this? Some of these businesses need to get with it and update, or create,  some page where people can find them. If they haven't noticed, the Internet is a pretty huge platform for reaching customers and other people. So it just blows my mind they don't have even a free Facebook page or some other free site. There are plenty of tools for people to utilize, I suppose it's just a matter of finding it and using it to your advantage. But I guess, some people don't have time for these things.

Anyways, yesterday we began sending out information about One Night Stand to bands in Tampa, Florida in hopes of receiving some feedback. Each of the interns had a list of bands that we were to contact via various methods including email, Facebook, and ReverbNation. Emailing the bands who had actual email addresses was pretty easy. We did run into some issues when it came to using Facebook as a platform for reaching out to these bands. Because so many of us interns were signed into the same Facebook page, we were eventually locked out as the sight thought it was spam. I believe several of us tried to make other accounts in order to send them the details of the One Night Stand. Even with ReverbNation there were some limitations that impeded our efforts. If you wanted to message the artists or bands there was a character limit (what is this Twitter?). The character limit prevented us from sending the same message to all the other bands. I'm not sure if we will end up reaching out to these bands using the same method or if another system has been suggested, but it was a learning process for all of us. 

Towards the end of the day I was able to work on some more of my promotional graphics to drive more people to the blogs. This marks two completed promo graphics! Wa-hoo! I started working on another for the Prevent Drunk Driving Now blog (progress can be seen below). It's no where near being finished but it was just some beginning stages of the development. More promo graphic updates will be coming soon. Stay tuned!

Joe Wing
Salem State University '14
Esente Graphic Design Intern



No comments:

Post a Comment