Thursday, April 4, 2013

This Week In Esente Music Group Interning

Today's leads in "Other Business Services" have been abysmal.  I think I might be using the wrong Internet.

On a lighter note, things with the Rock Report blog have been going okay so far.  I've been able to locate a few more sources rather than the one website they had been using for who-knows-how-long.  This weekend I'm gonna try to get ahead of the game and write up all of the posts for next week and perhaps more so that maybe I'll be able to go back to working on my own writing projects for a few nights.  On Monday I was asked to write a proposal of sorts, for what I would do with the Rock Report   if I had a 40-hour week to work on it.  The proposal has ended up being twice as long as it was supposed to be and I'm still thinking of ideas so that is probably a good thing.  What will be done with them, I have no idea, but it's been fun.  My first major concern are that I want to revamp the blog in a sort of major way by using more targeted marketing and adding A LOT of content, bringing it slightly out of scope from what is already there.  My second major concern is that it's hard to tell how long certain things would take me.  If it were actually a 40-hour a week job, I wouldn't mind putting in 50, 60 hours, maybe more because it is something I really want to be doing.  But I wonder if the uncertainty of the timelines makes me look indecisive.  I can be indecisive, but the good news is that when I can't decide between two or three projects, I usually just do all of them to fend off future regrets.  Many of my ideas for articles/sections are near or more than 1,000 words.  I can write 1,000 words in a couple of hours but I don't know how this rate would be affected by the need to do research, interviews, and ideally some light traveling so I can write more hands-on articles.  Also, if it turns out I that I can write things very quickly, I'm concerned that I'll run out of sources/contacts in just a couple of months.  But anyways, in this case it's probably better to be ambitious than conservative.  We'll see how it goes over.  

Travis Long
Esente Music Group
PR Intern 

No comments:

Post a Comment